NSU IN THE NEWS is a snapshot of NSU media placements from August and early September 2020. The purpose of this recap is to keep you up-to-date on issues and media reports that involve the university and/or specific departments or centers. Click on the name of the media outlet to read their story – stories that appeared out of the South Florida media market are in red (some links may have expired after this page was created.)
For this time period:
- Potential Reach of stories related to NSU were circulated to approximately 33.3 million viewers;
- For Unique Visitors Per Month (online globally), the potential viewership was approximately 299.1 million;
- The estimated advertising value equivalency (AVE) of these stories is $1.4 million.
Please visit the NSU’s Newsroom section of the university’s main website to view additional press releases, stories and more created by your media relations team. We also encourage you to visit our Newsroom and subscribe to our RSS Feed so you can receive each of our news releases in real-time via email when they are distributed.
COVID-19 – Return of the Sharks
- Nova Southeastern University Showcases COVID-19 Precautions as Classes Resume – Press Conference
- College Officials Warn of Consequences to Students Who Do Not Follow COVID-19 Regulations, featuring Michelle Manley, Ph.D.
- College Students Head Back to Campus at Critical Time in COVID-19 Battle
- Sun Sentinel (8/30/20)
- Early Voting is Underway, Where to Go, What to Know
- Boys & Girls Club Members Receive NSU Scholarships
- Sun Sentinel (8/4/20)
- Senior-Level Hires and Promotions, featuring Ronald Chenail, Ph.D., Steven Kaltman, DMD, MD, FACS, Jose Juarez, J.D., and Vice President Terry Mularkey
- Miami Herald (8/14/20)
- South Florida 100, featuring President Dr. George Hanbury and Chancellor Dr. Fred Lippman
- Sun Sentinel (8/21/20)
- As College Sports Programs Pivot, Mental Health Becomes Bigger Priority, featuring student athlete Justin Jackson
- NBC News National (8/31/20)
- What to Say to a Swimmer After a Poor Swim, featuring Coach Hollie Bonewit-Cron
- Swimming World Magazine (9/1/20)
Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine
The following stories feature Deborah Ann Mulligan, M.D., FAAP, FACEP
- Pandemic Poundage
- WIOD (8/4/20)
- More on Kids and COVID
- WIOD (8/11/20)
- Plastic Poop Problem
- WIOD (8/18/20)
- Flu Shot Facts During a Pandemic
- WIOD (8/25/20)
- Surprise Findings Colorectal Cancer
- WIOD (9/1/20)
The following stories feature Bindu Mayi, Ph.D., M.Sc.
- New Zealand Has Success Containing COVID-19, Could it Work in Florida?
- WINK TV (8/10/20)
- Better COVID-19 Numbers Have Started Talks of Reopening South Florida Further
- WPLG (8/20)
- Best Defense, featuring Nicole Cook, Ph.D., M.P.A.
- Boca Raton Observer (8/30/20)
- A COVID Vaccine Could Be Just Weeks Away
- WINK TV (9/2/20)
- Feeling Achy? Is it COVID-19 or West Nile Virus
- Sun-Sentinel (8/7/20)
College of Pharmacy
- FDA Puts Black Box Warning on Popular Asthma Drug, featuring Tina Joseph, Pharm.D., BCACP
Halmos College of Arts and Sciences
The following stories featuring Charles Zelden, Ph.D.
- Russia is Prioritizing Politics Over Safety with new Coronavirus Vaccine
- WPLG (8/11/20)
- Florida Republicans, Democrats at Odds Over Special Legislative Session on State Budget
- Tallahassee Democrat (8/24/20)
- Trump to Visit Kenosha to Visit Law Enforcement
- Univision (8/31/20)
- Are Countries Led By Women Better at Handling COVID-19?
- Arirang (9/2/20)
- S. Fl. Elections Offices Prepare for Possible Record Number of Ballots for Nov. Election
- WFOR – Miami (9/8/20)
- Who Will Be Joe Biden’s VP Choice
- Univision (8/4/20)
- Logistics of Reopening Schools, guest commentary featuring Cheryl Duckworth, Ph.D.
- Orlando Sentinel (9/9/20)
- Congrats, Jellyfish, the Seas are Yours! Now What are You Going to Do With Them?, featuring Jeffrey Hoch, Ph.D.
- Young Shark Scientist Working to Bring More Women of Color into Marine Biology, featuring graduate student Carlee Jackson
College of Psychology
- The New Home of Sports Neuroscience, featuring Jaime Tartar, Ph.D.
- Technology Networks (8/18/20)
- 2020’s States with the Most Underpriveledged Children, featuring Madvhi Menon, Ph.D.
- Patch Michigan (8/26/20)
Fischler College of Education and School of Criminal Justice
The following stories feature Maribel Del Rio-Roberts, Psy.D.
- Stressed Out from Online Back-to-School? Experts Offer Advice to Navigate This Unusual School Year,
- Talk Openly to Your Kids About School and the Pandemic, Experts Say
- Tampa Bay Times (8/4/20)
- Psychologists Look to Ease Parent, Student School Fears in Mental Health Panel
- WLRN (8/18/20)
- “Back to School Jitters” Webinar Presented by Behavioral Health Associates of Broward
- Sun Sentinel’s Jewish Journal (8/20/20)
- Experts Share Tips on How to Help Your Child Wear a Mask
- Reading Eagle – PA (8/22/20)
- Is Your Child Giving You a Hard Time About Wearing a Mask? Experts Give Their Tips
- Missoulian (8/26/20)
- 2020’s States with the Best and Worst Early Education Systems, featuring Herminia Janet Rivera, Ph.D.
- Patch – Michigan (8/19/20)
- Ten African Americans Who Have Been Named to Administrative Positions in Higher Education, featuring alumni Alanka Hayes Brown
Shepard Broad College of Law
- New Deloitte Contract Shows Florida Bid Procurement Needs an Overhaul, featuring Bob Jarvis, J.D., LL.M.
- Gov. DeSantis Objects to New State Contract for Company Behind Florida’s Troubled Unemployment Website, featuring Bob Jarvis, J.D.
- Sun-Sentinel (8/7/20)
- Reps., Deans Raise Concerns Over Fla. Bar Exam Software
- Law 360 (8/14/20)
- EPA: Provocative Enforcement Chief Finds Few Friends, featuring Joel Mintz, J.D., J.S.D., LL.M.
- Some Older Americans Committed to Voting in Person, featuring Jane Cross, J.D.
- Kill These Three Toll Roads to Nowhere, guest commentary by Richard Grosso, J.D.
- Tampa Bay Times (9/5/20)
College of Undergraduate Studies
- High School Students Scrambling as SATs Get Canceled Over Coronavirus Concerns, featuring Anthony DeNapoli, Ed.D.
- CBS 4 (9/1/20)
NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale
- Dispatches from Life in the Pandemic, featuring Bonnie Clearwater
- City & Shore (8/14/20)
- Virtual Community, Entertainment Events, featuring NSU Art’s Happy! Exhibit
- Sun Sentinel (8/18/20)
- Forward Into Light
- Women’s Vote Centennial (8/26/20)
NSU University School
- Experts Share Tips on How to Help Your Child Wear a Mask, featuring Lorraine Breffni, Ed.D.
- Reading Eagle – PA (8/22/20)
Tampa Bay Regional Campus
- Clearwater Maps Out Vision for Future
- 83Degrees (8/25/20)