Bob Jarvis, J.D., LL.M., a professor in NSU’s Shepard Broad College of Law, has been with the university more than 30 years. Prior to teaching, he practiced admiralty and international law in New York City, first with Haight, Gardner, Poor & Havens (now Holland & Knight) and then with Baker & McKenzie. In addition to NSU, Bob has taught at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Fordham University, Saint Thomas University, Tulane University, and Yeshiva University and has served as a Bar/Bri bar review lecturer.
His expertise covers a wide-range of topics – from Florida Constitutional Law to Gambling Law to Sports Law to Legal Ethics. He was recently featured in several media stories, which you can access below:
- Florida Senate Expected to Remove Broward County Sheriff in Vote Today, featuring Robert Jarvis, J.D., LL.M.
- Tampa Bay Times (10/23/19)
- Will Judge who Sent Juror to Jail Face Discipline, featuring Bob Jarvis, J.D., LL.M.
- Palm Beach Post (10/11/19)
- Does Scott Israel’s Removal Rewrite the Rules for Florida’s Sheriffs?, featuring Bob Jarvis, J.D.,LL.M.
- Miami Herald (10/22/19)
- Synergy: Expansion of Hard Rock Properties in Florida Benefit from the Super Bowl, featuring Bob Jarvis, J.D., LL.M.
- CDC Gaming Reports (10/24/19)